"Childhood means simplicity. Look at the world with the child’s eye – it is very beautiful."
- KAILASH SATYARTHI, Nobel Laureate
Slow down & connect:
The early years of a child’s life are full of wonder and joy while also being the most critical years of development. Parent-Child Playgroup at Prairie Hill not only provides children a rich environment for exploration and play, but also offers parents support in creating a healthy home life.
Deepen your relationship with your child as you enter their world of imagination, initiative, and wonder. Enjoy this opportunity to increase awareness of your amazing role as parent, and learn creative and simple ways to support your child’s developing capacities.
Your child will enjoy:
- Learning songs, games, finger plays, rhymes and stories
- Helping prepare healthy snacks
- Practicing good manners with their classmates
- Creative play in our "Toy Shop"
- Participating in chores like setting the table and washing dishes
- Watching a beautiful puppet-play inspired by the seasons
- Meeting new friends
As a parent, you will enjoy:
- Participating in a fun Circle Time with your child
- Eating a healthy and delicious snack together
- Slowing down to fully appreciate your child away from distractions
- Learning how to add structure and rhythym to your day
- Sharing your parenting joys and challenges with a supportive group
- Making unique crafts while your child plays
- Seeing your child grow in this nurturing social environment
- Applying time-tested methods of the Waldorf philosophy to your parenting
- Creating lasting friendships
Our Playgroup teacher:
Mara has enjoyed working with children from a young age, knowing that her gift of connecting to the young child and sharing in their joy is also her passion. She attended UWM where she earned her BA in Psych and MA in Sociology. Since completing her LifeWays certification, Mara has provided daycare in her home, worked as an EC Assistant at Tamarack Waldorf, contributed to the LifeWays blog, subbed at a natural minded childcare center and is currently happily working in Playgroup and as an assistant in the kindergartens.
Miss Mara provides a nurturing environment for both parents and children in our Playgroup. She keeps it real by addressing the challenges of parenting with humor and grace, allowing parents to more fully appreciate the joys of parenting. Her experience allows parents to grow in their most important role as caregivers, while making the children comfortable in their first experience in a Waldorf classroom.
For parents and children infancy through 4 years old. Classes meet one time per week for two hours in the Playgroup Classroom and may include outdoor time. Classes are filled on a first come/first serve basis.