2013-14 Tuition Adjustment Process
As a social practice, The Prairie Hill Waldorf School Tuition Adjustment Program play a major role in
contributing to the success and health to our diverse school community. Prairie Hill Waldorf School
strives to the priciple of supporting accessibility for all qualified students who seek a Waldorf Education,
while remaining responsible to our economic obligations.
For the 2013-14 school year, in order to best meet the financial needs of our families and increase the
flexibility of the tuition structure, PHWS has budgeted approximately 13% of gross tuition revenue for
Prairie Hill Waldorf School currently has no endowment or grant monies that fund adjustments made
to tuition for our families. Tuition adjustments are an income reduction to the school. Tuition currently
covers only 71% of the expenses of the school.
Basic Application Steps
1. PHWS has a set tuition and fees schedule for its program
2. If a family can contribute the amount of the tuition/fees, an enrollment contract is signed.
3. If a family feels that they cannot contribute the amountof the tuition/fees, they can apply for an
adjustment to the tuition. (Note: registration and supply fees cannot be ajusted).
4. Pick up a Tuition Adjustment (TA) Packet from the Business Office. REturn the completed TA form,
registration /supply fees and requested financial information to the Business Office.
5. The TA Committee will review all information, request additional information as needed and within two
weeks of receiving all requested information, provide a letter to parents with an enrollment contract and
the amount of tuition adjustment the school is offering.
6. Within two weeks, of receiving the school's letter, the parents can accept and return the enrollment
contract, or, if the parents think the committee has missed or overlooked something in making it's
adjustment offer, the parents can provide the school a written appeal letter stating specifically what has
been missed and provide any additional financial information that would help the committee in its work.
7. The committee may request additional information and/or a meeting with the parents to help arrive at
the final tuition determination.
8. The final tuition amount agreed upon between Prairie Hill and the parents is considered the full tuition
for that family. All parent information is held confidentially by the school and parents agree to maintain
confidentiality regarding the details of their tuition agreement.
Why people love Prairie Hill Waldorf School?